We're proud to say we grew up in the NES generation. Times were more simple then, you could rent a game on the weekend and realistically beat it before you had to turn it back in. Now, thanks to the Raspberry Pi and the intrepid programmers who ported emulation software to work for it, you can relive our childhood (as well as your own) by playing games as they were meant to be.
This kit is intended to be a "plug-and-play" gaming solution for the Raspberry Pi. Just bring your own Raspberry Pi 2, 3, or 3B+ to the party, download some ROMS, and you'll be playing before you know it. The necessary software is pre-loaded on the attached microSD card but for legal reasons you're on your own when it comes to ROMs (they are not hard to find with a search engine.)
We pre-load the microSD card with a software package called RetroPie. It is freely downloadable online. We are not selling you this software, only pre-loading it onto the microSD card so it's ready to boot as soon as you plug it into your Pi and apply power. The software can play ROMs from a host of game systems made between 1977 and 2004, though the Pi may struggle with certain graphics-intensive games from the newer 64-bit systems.
Put that Pi to good use and play games the way they were meant to be played!
- Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 3+
- Clear Laser-Cut Raspberry Pi Enclosure Kit
- 2 USB SNES-Style Controllers
- 32GB microSD Card Pre-Loaded with RetroPie Software
- 5V USB Power Supply
- HDMI Cable
- Raspberry Pi 2, 3, or 3+ (this is why we call it "Bring Your Own Pi") - Need a Pi? You can buy one here.
- USB Thumb Drive (for loading games - you probably have at least one of these laying around.)
- Philips Screwdriver
- Fingernails (for removing the protective coating from the acrylic.)
- Bring Your Own Pi Gaming Kit - Download PDF
- Laser-Cut Raspberry Pi Enclosure - Download PDF